3/4c quinoa (covered by 1″ water and soaked 6-8 hours)
1/2tsp baking powder
2tbsp olive oil
2 whole eggs
1/2c Part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Soak the quinoa in water, covering it by at least 1″, for 6 – 8 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9″ cake pan with parchment paper and drizzle one tablespoon of oil in the center. Spread around with your hands until evenly coated and set pan aside.
3. Thoroughly rinse quinoa, then add to a blender. Add the ¼ cup of water, baking powder, salt and remaining olive oil, and any seasonings, and blend on high until smooth and creamy. This should resemble a thick pancake batter.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, flip and return to oven baking for another 10 – 15 minutes until browned and edges are crispy.
5. Top with sauce, cheese and any other toppings you’d like and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until cheese has melted and started to brown.
6. Remove, let cool for a few minutes in the pan, transfer cutting board and slice.
7. Garnish with desired toppings!
Cal: 611, Pro: 35, Carb: 32, Fat: 39, Fiber: 4